Thursday, March 13, 2008

Down With The Clown-Let The Hate Begin


In case y'all didn't know I've been a staunch supporter of the Insane Clown Posse movement since I was in Junior High circa 1997. With the release of The Great Milenko I was immediately converted into a juggalo, and wicked clown enthusiast. Although my interest in the Insane Clown Posse has waned over the years, I still consider myself down with the clown so to speak. ICP is widely and has been for years considered the most hated band in the world. That is quite the dubious distinction. The reason this is so is because the majority of the people in the world are not very receptive to two white dudes dressed up as clowns with paint on their face attempting to rap. Its just not something the mainstream will ever understand, however I understand perfectly. I actually think that it is cool to come up with what outwardly seems like such a moronic idea, and freak it and turn it into a multi-million dollar enterprise. After all by their own admission they consider themselves clowns, so what they are doing is not all that far off from what they actually are. They don't sit there trying to front acting like their a bunch of tough guys. I give them the ultimate props because they have been in the game since 1992 at the young age of 17 and they've been turning the game out ever since then. From selling Cd's out the trunk locally in Detroit, to going platinum and taking their underground phenomenon nation-wide; these dudes are the epitome of hip hop. They've collaborated with some of hip hops elite: Bone Thugs, Mack 10, Ol Dirty Bastard, La the Darkman, Vanilla Ice (Yeah I said it, and what!), 36 Mafia, Tech 9, Esham, and Ice-T. If you can't at least respect their contributions to hip hop as a whole, then you need to respect their relentless hustle. It's that up from your bootstraps ideology that has propelled hip hop into the commerical empire that it is today. Regardless of ICP's rap content, they are true innovators, original in every sense of the word. They took something that grew primarily from disenfranchised African-American culture and they put their own spin on it and capitalized. You can't hate on them for getting the scrilla. ICP has a legion of loyal followers out there ready to do their bidding, I can't say the same for other cats in the game. Juggalos have even formed their own inner city gangs to fend off other rival gangs such as crips, bloods, vice lords, and gangster disciples. I know this because I was watching one of the specials on the History Channel called Gangland and for a brief moment they showed a diagram illustrating various gangs turfs and border lines on the map and lo and behold their was a gang called Krazy Juggalos, right there next to the usual suspects of bloods, crips, etc. Do not misconstrue what I've attempted to illustrate here, I in no way support or condone gang activity albeit it is impressive that what started out as two guys painting their face and acting a fool has turned into millions painting their face acting a fool. A part of me said don't do a post about ICP they will resent you for it, but I don't hold shit back. I know I'm going to receive some major backlash but fuck it and fuck you if you don't like it. Go catch up with your kind. Actually what the fuck am I saying you fuckers don't even comment anyway, with the exception of Torrence Stephens aka RawDawg Buffalo, so most likely nobody will even give a fuck anyway. Peace to all the Gods and the Earths out there. Also peace to the Juggalo family, and Psychopathic records.
Just Another Crazy Clique-36 Mafia, Twiztid, ICP. off the album When The Smoke Clears 6661

Where Itz Goin Down-Twiztid feat. 36 Mafia, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, and Anybody Killa. Off the Freakshow album

Enzow on the Post

No comments: