Friday, September 5, 2008

Evil Pimp Interview



Well here it is you sons of a biznichess, none other than the Prince of Darkness, Evil P-i-m-p Evil P-i-m-p himself.

Evil Pimp sat down and got candid about his plans for World Domination and conquering the rap game. Nuff respect goes out to the evil one for taking some time out to chop it up with some fellow pimps. Enjoy.

Pimpin Pens: First off, what’s going down in the 2008 with Slaughterhouse Records?

Evil Pimp: Well i'm no longer on Slaugterhouse Records due to certain reasons that has do with the way things were ran over there. But it has nothing to do with my CEO Herbie Love he was a good business man straight forward. But people who were handling the cd orders of my last album got slack, lost orders, didnt ship to some people but then shipped to others. The cds were selling so good that they underestimated the demand and didnt hire enough people to handle all that, so in the long run all the drama came back to me when it had nothing to do with me and I cant have that.

PP: Tell us a little about your environment growing up. What experiences molded you into the man you are today?

EP: My enviroment growing up was that of a man-child. I was pretty much on my own from the age 15. I grew up in Westwood Memphis living with my aunti but she was killed so I was shipped to my grannys house in binghampton which is south memphis to go stay. I grew up right around which is probably the worst and poorest parts of the city. So at a early age i was in the streets hustling trying to make ends meet, but due to her health I had to go stay in Cordele, Ga to stay wit family and grew up there for a while also. So being on my own at a young age made me appreciate and value family now as I'm older and the what having a good family structure can bring.

PP: I see that you now reside in Iowa. What’s the status of the rap game in Iowa?

EP: yeah i been here for a minute, but the rap game here is non exhistant as far as a scene which is why i like it here. Theres no crabs in a bucket and the rappers here all work together. There is alot of rappers here but they aint doing shit to just keep it honest. But Iowa is a good place to live if you want to just concentrate on goals witout no bullshit happening which is why I stayed. You still have your chicago natives who come here and try to gang bang and your gang murders but thats everywhere you go.

PP: What were your musical influences growing up? Also, what are you bumping right now?
EP: My music influences was mainly 70's soul just real talk thats all i listened to other then some Triple Six, DJ Zirk, DJ Sound and some Squeek dog. You know I didnt really listen to anything outside of that and still dont. Altho I dont listen to none of them anymore, its my music thats the only thing that stays in my car. I dont even listen to the radio or watch tv.

PP: How did you link up with the Krucifix Klan?

EP: That question is too vague to answer seeing that there is too many members who came and gone from the group and I would be answering that for the next hour.

PP: When did you decide to leave the pimp game and pursue the rap game?

EP: I never left the Pimp game (laughs)

PP: I saw on youtube awhile back that you were in negotiations with Three Six Mafia on a potential project. Where does that stand?

EP: My entertainment lawyer knew their lawyer and my manager told me about it so I had my lawyer holla at their lawyer to get at them and we were trying to work out a deal I was going to pay them 75,000 up front and then we were negotiating the percentage split then their lawyer came at us talking about $300,000 up front (laugh) get the fuck outta here. So i deaded it from there.

PP: Some people compare your rap style to that of Lord Infamous. In my opinion that is not an accurate comparison as there have been numerous artists out of Memphis who rapped with that tongue twisting style. What are your thoughts?

EP: Well people need a reason to hate on me, so they say i bite his style. Now keep in mind I can name off about 30 rappers from memphis who all rap that way. Its nobodys style its a memphis style. Atlanta is the sameway look at all the rappers from their now who all sound the same. Chicago, Texas, Cali, New York they all were raised from their own style of music so they are going to adapt to that style.

PP: What’s your opinion on the current status of the rap game? Are you one of those cats that think hip hop is dead? Also, what’s your perception of the music industry overall?

EP: To be honest hip hop aint dead its zombified. Everyone in this game is zombies clones of the next man. So its not dead because people make music its just that nobody puts any passion into the music anymore, because of the downloading and bootlegging. So they want a quick hit and make that quick money and then dissappear. Plus the fans these days are all about finding a way to hate on the next man. But thats how you know you made it as a rapper in 2008 by the amount of hate you get. Look at Lil Wayne successful black man, but you can go to his youtube pages and see nothing but hate saying "hes a pussy" "he fraud" or "he fake" now that is pure hate, seeing that nobody nobody knows him personally how can we decide who is real or who is fake. back in the 1995 when rap was booming nobody cared about a persons life outside music they just wanted good music. Now people look at a mans picture and try to assassinate his charactor. Its crazy, because of these same fans who hate on us rappers if they ever seen up in person they would be the first ones to want a picture, shake hands and get a autograph.

PP: You’ve been steady flooding the public with your material. How do you stay so focused and productive?

EP: Pussy, Money and Beer. Thats what keeps me motivated and in the studio. Plus I dont work a 9-5, I live off my music so if I dont work I dont eat so I have no time to be in the streets or really enjoying life until I leave this rap game alone which will be soon.

PP: What other artists would you like to collaborate with?

EP: I would love to collaborate with the Devil and take over the world.

PP: What does the typical day in the life of Evil Pimp consist of?

EP: Well first of all I wake up at noon scratch my ass, then go piss because more then likely i am hung over. After that I am off to the studio across town. But now that the new cd is done I have been spending more time in my office and handling some real estate business ya know what I'm saying. But 5 for days a week and 12-18 hours each day I am in studio either mixing or producing. I'm working on the Lady Dead album , we just finished up the Playa Rob album, So I'm either going from Studio A to Studio B to do fuck with something.

PP: What are your hobbies other than rapping and pimping?

EP: Sleeping and Fucking because I do both so well and to be 100 wit ya that is all i do outside of my music.

PP: What are your favorite movies, and television shows?

EP: Goodfellaz alltime favorite movie. But I also like all
zombie movies big zombie movie fan. But when I'm in the studio on my breaks I'll watch Kitchen Nitemare, Still Standing, Seinfeld and King Of Queens. Thats pretty much it other then the News. I love seeing just what a wonderful job George Bush is doing (laughs)

PP: That about does it, any last werdz?
EP: Yeah I wanna give a shoutout to Pimpin Pen and the Pimping Click for this interview and showing a nigga some love lookout for the new Evil Pimp album "Prince Of Darkness" on Gangsta Ro Productions. Make a nigga richer cuz I got bills and kids.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Interview conducted by Enzo for Pimpin Pens

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

classic folk
time 4 yawl to take over the world jones

Anonymous said...

Great article, liked it